1st Secure Shredding is executing our best to keep the safety and health of our customers and employees as our top priority.
This page is our response and steps being taken at this time.
- Temperature is being taken multiple times throughout the day, especially before we start our day and end of day. Generally every 3 hours.
- A new pair of latex gloves are being worn at each stop. Before and after gloves are being worn, hand sanitizer is being applied.
- A mask is being worn while on-site within buildings.
- Commonly touched areas within the truck are wiped down throughout the day.
- Most locations we are able to use your wheeling container and return it, instead of swapping. If we must swap your container, the container we bring in is being sanitized and wiped top to bottom.
- While on-site, we are keeping our minimum distance of 6 feet if able. If we need to access a container and someone is within six feet we ask before accessing.
- Signatures are being needed on our tablet for both the Certificate of Destruction and Invoice. The tablet is being cleaned with sanitizer before and after each customer. Tablet will be handed at full arms reach for both parties to keep enough distance between.
We personally have those who are high risk with contracting COVID-19, so we are doing as much as we can to prevent exposure ourselves. If a temperature taken prior to entering, we will use our own thermometer and present the results. We must be notified prior if this is a policy that must be enforced upon us.
If a customers location has had a recent exposure or positive case that we have been made aware of, service will be postponed for 30 days or we will either proceed with extreme caution.
We are currently running on a week to week basis. All schedules/routes are being put together between Friday & Saturday for the following week. We will try to fit those who contact us during the week into the remaining weeks schedule, but may need to schedule for the following week.
We are remaining to our set service schedules. That is why you will receive an email the week prior of your current status of being open or closed to make any necessary arrangements.
For those whose locations are temporary closed or limited access, we will pause service until it may resume per your request. Remember, 1st Secure Shredding does not charge unless we service.
We ask that any material that needs to be destroyed is located where we have direct access.
For Residential - For the security of your material before we arrive, please have you material inside your front door or inside the garage with door down until we arrive. We will notify you once we arrive in order to access the material.
For Commercial - Please have the material located where we may access without having to go through most of you business. This is for your staff's health safety and our own.
At this time we will not be handling material located up or down stairs - residential or commercial.